Thank you for your interest in joining the Potosi Volunteer Fire Department.
Below is a short list of important facts you need to know about becoming a member of the department. We have listed these in Bullet format for your convenience in no particular order.
- You must be 18 years of age and live within 10 miles of the fire station to be a member.
- After attending three meetings, you will be eligible for being voted onto the department. Meetings are held every Tuesday night at 6:30 PM at the fire station. Voting occurs on business meeting nights, the first Tuesday of the month.
- Your initial membership dues are $35.00 and must be paid before you will be voted on to the department. These $35.00 dues are paid annually, and are used for membership in the State Fireman’s and Fire Marshall’s Association.
- You will be required to complete the following NIMS training online in this order:
- You will be given a probationary packet upon being voted onto the department. It will encompass your first six months of in house training with the organization. If you wish, you may receive this packet early.
- To maintain an active status on the department, one must meet a minimum of one meeting a month and six hours of training a quarter. We are flexible, and may work with you on a case by case basis. You must notify leadership in the event you are unable to attend meetings for any reason.
*Note: When attending Potosi VFD Meetings and Training days dress accordingly. Be prepared to work. No open toed shoes, no shorts and no offensive material. We want to portray a professional image to the community.
PVFD Current Application Packet
For Further info contact: Captain David Spraberry